Re: wannabe tech writer

Subject: Re: wannabe tech writer
From: Milan Davidovic <shl_ctf -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:17:47 -0500 (EST)

--- Milan Davidovic <shl_ctf -at- yahoo -dot- ca> wrote:
> As I've had pointed out to me recently (not that I
> didn't really know, Bruce, but it was a good
> reminder,
> thanks), satisfying employers and readers is a
> pretty
> important part of technical writing (i.e. as a
> living), so perhaps this should be factored in as
> well. If helping users use technology and helping
> makers make their technology useable isnt' part of
> being who you are, then some other avenue of writing
> might be a better choice.

On the other hand, maybe this idea of doing what one
loves has some cultural bias that needs unpacking. And
on the other other hand, maybe we sometimes need to
take a good-paying gig that we don't necessarily
"love" in order to get us closer to something that we
do.

Milan Davidovic
Toronto, Canada

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr