Word Master documents

Subject: Word Master documents
From: "Keith Soltys" <keith -at- soltys -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:53:07 -0500

> PS Alaso, anyone know of a good Web resource that explains how to make MS
> Word's Master Document function actually work as advertised? ;-)

Thanks for posting the solution to the "ghost" field code. I've had this
happen and it drives me crazy - it appears that authors are getting the
caption field in the drawing layer somehow, something that never occurred to
me to check.

As for master documents, check out the following two articles from the Word
MVP FAQ site (I highly recommend this resource, if you don't already know
about it).

"Why Master Documents Corrupt" at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WhyMasterDocsCorrupt.htm

"How to recover a Master Document" at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RecoverMasterDocs.htm

If you get the idea that maybe master documents are broke, you're on the
right track (grin).

Regards
Keith
--