Re: The three great virtues of a technical writer

Subject: Re: The three great virtues of a technical writer
From: SIANNON -at- VISUS -dot- JNJ -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 8:1:32

My two shiny, round metal discs worth:

Accuracy -- the cardinal virtue of the craftsman, as it defines the
worthiness of the creation.

Tenacity -- sometimes equated with persistence, sometimes with
stubbornness; that which enables the tech writer to impose order upon
chaos, to extract info. from reticent sources and to confront repetition
and minutiae until it can be successfully beaten into the ground.

Curiosity -- that which prompts the tech writer to pursue further
information on the details and subject areas with which they come in
contact.

Flexibility comes in as a close fourth for me, since it is definitely
vital, but I don't know if it supercedes Creativity, as that is the
motivating factor.

Shauna
"Our two secret weapons are: fear,...surprise,...and a ruthless
efficiency---THREE! Our THREE secret weapons are..."

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr