Re: Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 Upgrade for Windows

Subject: Re: Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 Upgrade for Windows
From: G.D. Warner <gdwarner -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:20:01 -0800

Steve Lefevers <scl -at- pcisys -dot- net> wrote:

> My Email Address is scl -at- pcisys -dot- net

Yes, it's in the header ....

> I have Windows 98SE and MS Word 97 on my pc.

Heh.

> I need to buy Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 for Windows - so I can learn
this
> program at home. The Program Retail costs about $750 - can't
afford it.

> I called Adobe - they don't have Demo's.

(*snip*)

One option I found that might work well for you is getting a copy of
"FrameMaker 5.5.6 for for Dummies." It comes with a demo version --
which, unfortunately, you have to activate the demo via the internet
(e-mail, I think).

Another option is to pick up an older version of FM -- eBay, Half.com,
Half Price Books, where ever. I picked up version 4.x at Half Price
Books (a bookstore; check to see if there's one in your area; even
better, they now have a web presence!) for about $50; 6.0 was about
$100.

Once you have this older version, register it with Adobe. You will
then be eligible for the upgrade price (~$200).

Still another option is to check Adobe's site. Occasionally, they
offer these traveling training sessions (one of which was in my area a
month ago, and I overslept and missed it(!!!)). A friend of mine who
went reported that he got a free copy of FrameMaker 6.0 (which
explains all those exclamation points).

(*snip*)

> eBay Auction might have an Adobe Framemaker Ver. 6.0 - I've never
bought
> anything from an eBay Auction - I'm a little concerned about getting
ripped
> off or fraud. Has anyone ever bought anything from an eBay auction
- is it
> fairly safe?

I've purchased small items (CDs) from both eBay and Half.com. No
problems.

(*snip*)

> I'll say Thanks Now to everyone who responds for your Insight - so I
don't
> congest your email later!

I'll just take this opportunity to say "You're welcome" now, for the
same reason! :o)

--gdw

> Steve - Aspiring Tech Writer

* "IF (what_he_say$=interesting$) THEN BEGIN SET hell:=frozen_over;
SET pigs:=airborne; SET me:=Queen_of_Sheba; GOTO
the_top_of_our_stairs; END."

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr