RE: Encouraging users to read online help

Subject: RE: Encouraging users to read online help
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:26:17 +1000

Kevin McLauchlan wrote:

I may soon have to start creating Help for some of
our anticipated products, and I am daunted by the
prospect.

Kevin,
You might find my book (see sign) helpful (pun intended). I compiled a list of common problems and complaints that people have about online help, and what to do to try to prevent the problems.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.jeanweber.com/
Still available: Editing Online Help, a tool-independent introduction to
planning, developing, and editing online help systems. For a table of
contents, go to: http://www.jeanweber.com/books/olhbk.htm

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr