RE: Buying software oneself in order to learn it

Subject: RE: Buying software oneself in order to learn it
From: Michele Marques <MarquesM -at- autros -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:16:21 -0500

Bruce Byfield wrote:

> My understanding is that full-time employees could claim the deduction
> so long as they did work at home. [...]

I thought that you could only claim deductions (in Canada, as a FTE)if your
employer requires you to use the tool and will not provide the tool....
there might even be a form that they are supposed to complete for you to
include with tax receipts, but I am not as sure about the form.

- Michele
Michele Marques, Technical Communicator
AUTROS Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
marquesm -at- autros -dot- com <mailto:marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>

This material is intended for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the material to the
intended recipient, you are notified that dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please contact the sender immediately via e-mail and destroy this message
accordingly.

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr