RE: Buying software oneself in order to learn it

Subject: RE: Buying software oneself in order to learn it
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:00:45 -0600

PhotoShop is a much better program if you're going to be doing high end graphics work, but if you just want to learn the tool, you can try Paint Shop Pro, which imitates much of the interface, including the all-important layers, and functionality for a fraction of the price of even the academic version of PhotoShop and is available in a shareware version, IIRC. You may find that PSP is all the graphics app you'll ever need. It's certainly got its fans around here.