re: Technical Writer Questions

Subject: re: Technical Writer Questions
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:31:06 -0800 (PST)

There are lots of resources for technical writers online. Check out my web site for starters :)

http://hokum.freehomepage.com

I have some discussions, tutorials, books, links and other resources for technical writers. Especially check out the links section.

While it's important to know the tools technical writers use, it's more important to know how to communicate information clearly. There are a lot of technical writing books that can teach you this. Check out Amazon or go to your local bookstore. You should definitely stop by a used bookstore first or the library. :) Saving money is always an important issue. You should also familiarize yourself with the technologies you will be writing about. Again, check out the Web or buy some books. :)

Hope this helps.

Sean Hower

technical writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Get 20MB of free web space now at http://www.freehomepage.com

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr