Time for a Change

Subject: Time for a Change
From: surfer924 -at- ameritech -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 9:9:36

I am contemplating a career change. I've been a TW for three years
(although I did tech writing in various forms on and off for 20 years in
the military)and don't think this is how I want to spend the rest of my
life.

I've read several threads on this list from those of you who entered tech
writing from other writing-type careers (journalism, marketing, etc.) and I
wonder if there are any former technical writers on this list? If so, what
are you doing now? Why did you leave tech writing? Was the transition
difficult?

Any feedback on this would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Surfer 924