RE: Who to send a proposal to......

Subject: RE: Who to send a proposal to......
From: "Cekis, Margaret" <Margaret -at- mediaocean -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:00:35 -0500

Hannah Bissell [mailto:to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net] "islooking to do edits on some
technical documents....Casual conversations have indicated my proposal will
be accepted. ... What I wonder is, who do I send this to? The company is
really the US base for a Swedish company. ...I know I should send it to one
of two people: VP of Marketing and Product Management or VP of Global Sales.
Both are essentially at the same level ... The casual conversations have
been with the VP of Global Sales but the VP of Marketing and Product
Management is the one who usually makes the decisions on outsourcing.
...So.....who would you send the proposal to?"
Hannah:

I'd send it to the VP of Marketing, but cc: the VP of Global Sales. Go
direct to the decision maker, but keep the person you talked to informed
about what you are doing.

Margaret Cekis
Margaret -at- mediaocean -dot- com

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our alomst 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr