Robohelp and version control

Subject: Robohelp and version control
From: Jill Renaud <jrenaud -at- itactics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:33:18 -0500

Hey folks,
I've got a little mystery going on here, and I was wondering if anyone had
suggestions.

We use StarTeam for version control of *everything* here -- including our
web help.
The process used by the department who does software builds dictates that
they check out the project files and generate web help anew every time that
a new release is cut.

Sounds simple.

The catch is that our mpjs end up corrupt frequently. As in 4 or 5 times a
week, each. (Multiply by 3 projects, and watch the tech writer run for the
hills when the build team heads in my direction...)

Has anyone noticed an increase of mpj (database) corruption with the use of
StarTeam or another version control package?

I'm voting that the problem lies with StarTeam and not RH. I've had the odd
corrupt mpj before, but never this frequently.

Any suggestions for how I can get the mpj to play nicely?

Thanks!