RE: Jobs that _I_ can't find on monster.com

Subject: RE: Jobs that _I_ can't find on monster.com
From: "Jason Deal" <jason -at- mitratech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:18:50 -0800

As far as I can tell, it's pretty easy to get into SOME areas of pr0n writing. My roommate works as an editor for a gay pr0n (and some good gay literature) publisher. She has told me that they're constantly looking for trite crap to sandwich between a cover depicting a hot man with naughty parts tastefully covered. $50 for each story of decent length.
I'm hetero, but my roommate keeps trying to get me to just write the framework for some stories based on my teenage years (i.e. going to class, wrestling practice, etc.) and she'll take care of the less savory parts. I'd go for it (easy money), but I'm not really interested in soiling the memories of my youth with sweaty encounters with men named "Brock".

>===== Original Message From kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com =====
>Okay, the ethics discussion (which I thought was fascinating) raised the
>recurring question of whether you'd work in the p0rno industry.
>
>Am I missing out on some untapped job opportunities? Where ARE the tech
>writing jobs in p0rno?

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr