RE: Providing editable docs to clients

Subject: RE: Providing editable docs to clients
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:30:06 -0500

Steve Shepard asked about providing Word source docs for customization.

> 1. Explain that we don't provided our copyrighted material
> for editing. But,
> we do offer a service of customizing the documentation to
> suit a client's
> needs and charge them accordingly. As long as we can get the
> staffing we
> need, it works out nice for us as we would actually be
> generating revenue.
>
> 2. If we absolutely want to provide the client with a
> editable version of
> our docs, then charge them per page. And charge a lot.

Digital printing shops can do this for you. You provide the source material
and tell them what's swappable and for whom. One of the local shops does
this in Interleaf, with final document being a customized and bound report.
Another local shop offers on-line ordering of marketing materials to ensure
look-and-feel consistency between independent offices of larger companies.

Cheers ... Kim
Is it true that sequels are never as popular as the original sigs?