Re: Updating projects in RoboHelp 9.2: how to exchange files?

Subject: Re: Updating projects in RoboHelp 9.2: how to exchange files?
From: Char James-Tanny <CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:21:38 -0500

Hi, Geoff :-)

First, I would create a new folder for the project.

Next, I would make sure that it was *my* RoboHelp template in the Office Templates
folder. (BTW, Microsoft determined that 8 pt Sans Serif was the font of choice for
Help files...but no one seems to know why ;-) ) Since the font changed, it means
that your docs all have the Update Styles check box selected under Tools |
Templates and AddIns (I don't remember the exact name of the check box, but it's
directly underneath the template field.) So, when you open the docs the next time,
they should reflect your customized template.

Then, I would copy *my* last known good copy to this folder.

Finally, I would copy only the changed doc files from the developer's folder to
this folder. For every doc file that you copy, delete the corresponding RTF file.
It will be regenerated when you open the project.

I usually delete all the extra files, especially those with the same document name,
because they get regenerated automatically. These files usually end in *.prs and
*.rbh.

Good luck!

Char
Char James-Tanny (mailto:CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com)
JTF Associates, Inc. (http://www.helpstuff.com)

Consulting and Development for WinHelp, HTML Help, and Web-based Help
Adjunct Faculty, Bentley College
RoboHelp Advisory Board and RoboHelp Certified Instructor