Re: merging pdf's

Subject: Re: merging pdf's
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- highsoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:51:07 -0600

Jeremiah:

See the tutorial "Combine several documents into a single PDF file," at http://www.adobe.com/epaper/tips/main.html.

In addition to combining PDF files, check out Help > Acrobat Help, choose Search and type in "combining postscript files," without quotes. This describes a method that creates smaller PDF files from the combination of files, because it eliminates duplications of embedded fonts and other stuff. You can use the method with Word documents, or with PDF files. In either case, you print the Word or PDF files to disk files with Acrobat Distiller printer driver, then use the .ps files with the utilities described in Help.

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold HighSoft, Inc. Adobe Products Applications Engineer, Training, Support
email: (tech support) swsupport -at- highsoft -dot- com (personal) peter -at- highsoft -dot- com
voice: (toll-free) 800.795.6066 (SF Bay Area local) 650.691.0701
tech support extension: 266 personal extension: 333 fax: 650.691.0995
For a complete list of our training class content and schedules, visit http://knowhowpro.com

At 04:27 PM 11/26/01, Jeremiah Gardner wrote:

Hi all.

I have six Word documents that I would like to convert to .pdf. Easy enough.
But I would like to then combine those six .pdf's into one .pdf. Is that
possible? If so, please do tell. If not, I'd love to hear other
alternatives. I checked the archives and came up empty.

I'd appreciate direct responses because I'm on a tight deadline and on
digest.

Thanks very much!

Jeremiah Gardner

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr