RE: help~

Subject: RE: help~
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:06:39 -0800 (PST)

In some areas of the world, polygamy is legal. For an email going to
a professional list, would you create an email address
"Im_a_polygamist -at- xxx -dot- com" and not expect an adverse reaction?

We talk all the time about words or phrasing in a document that are
translated into other languages and the impact of the translated word
on the reader, not just the local writer. This is part of what we do.

Sometime you have to think about the impact of what you show other
people.

In this country, there is NO place where it is legal...thanks to the
Feds who recently outlawed growing it even for medical reasons.

I've apologized to people and to the list before...this time I
decline.

--- Steve Arrants <stephena -at- compbear -dot- com> wrote:
> Since when is someone's email name a determining factor as to
> whether or
> not they should be taken seriously and courteously?
>
> John, there are some places in this world, and some places in this
> country where cannabis is legal. There is cannabis which is
> marijuana,
> and cannabis which is hemp, used in food, paper, cloth, etc.
>
> I think your magic words for the day are "I apologize."

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

http://personals.yahoo.com