RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:00:49 -0500

Assuming an informal report is not sufficient (i.e.,
to save somebody some embarassment due to an official
report), I document the error as it stands, and I
report it as a bug. If it gets fixed before release,
then I adapt my doc.

I don't get to fix coding or design errors. While I'm
able to tinker and (largely) to understand C and C++,
I can't be sure that any tinkering I did would not
break something else. I'm not one of the people whose
job it is to code our software, so I'm not "legally"
entitled to check it out and modify it, especially while
others are working on it. Besides, if I was tinkering
with code, I would not be doing what I'm paid to do.

Also, changes to S/W or F/W are carefully organized
between development and PV. It doesn't pay to disrupt
the cycle.

/kevin