RE: Help without manuals

Subject: RE: Help without manuals
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:03:55 -0000

I guess I've never "done it right", because I have never, ever been able to
get WebWorks to make me completely satisfactory content without some
post-production tweaking. I've honed it pretty close, mind you--maybe an
hour of review for 500 pages of Frame documents, but never completely. We've
spent a lot of time trying to reduce that further, but we've been
unsuccessful. Additionally, we've been unhappy with the "WebHelp" that
WebWorks produces. It is decidedly not cross-platform or cross-browser (at
least, as far as our testing is concerned).

Of course, I've gone the other route (RoboHelp to PDF) and there's way more
tweaking and overhead there, but neither solution is, technically-speaking,
single-sourced. DB.

<snip>