RE: Tech Writing Curriculum

Subject: RE: Tech Writing Curriculum
From: "Pete Sanborn" <psanborn2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:57:25 -0500

I was going to reply to this one since I developed a manuscript for a Tech
Writing course, but Andrew Plato said it all for me. I can't think of
anything I would add or change to his curriculum with the possible exception
of a class on getting the tech writer out of his/her office, periodically,
to wander around in engineering or software development to find out what is
going on. I might also include wandering around in manufacturing if the
employer has an actual manufacturing facility. This is a variation of the
management technique of MBWA (Management By Walking Around). It's amazing
what you learn this way.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Pete Sanborn