RE: Software Text Incorrect

Subject: RE: Software Text Incorrect
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:37:37 -0500

The documentation is considered to be the design of the system, therefore,
if the software does not perform as described in the documentation, then
there is an error. The likelihood of error in the software is MUCH higher
than the likelihood of an error in the documentation. That said, I stand by
the decision to make the documentation correct.

When they get around to fixing the bug, then the documentation will be
incorrect.

However, since we here at IDe are involved in the design and development of
our products, misspellings rarely make it through review. Not that it
doesn't happen ...

I still want to be able to point to the books (well, help files actually)
and say with confidence that they are correct and represent the planned
operation of the product.

John