RE: Electronic Document Transfer

Subject: RE: Electronic Document Transfer
From: "McCarter, Kim" <kmccarte -at- harris -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:04:06 -0500

We have over 30 documents we deliver with each major release of our software.
The only documents we deliver in hard copy are the Install Guide and a System
Administrator manual; all others are delivered ONLY in soft copy. Our entire
suite of pdfs are globally searchable - making them much more user friendly.

We find that once customers get used to the bookmarks and the global search
features that they find hard copies are very limiting and they no longer want
them. They can purchase a documentation-only CD for easily transportable
documentation - a good source of revenue.

We save a LOT of printing costs this way and our customers are very happy with
the ability to find the information they need quickly.

Kim McCarter
Information Design & Development
Harris Corporation, Network Support Division
kmccarte -at- harris -dot- com

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr