RE: Style guides - doc standards vs processes

Subject: RE: Style guides - doc standards vs processes
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:06:05 +1100

Again - the flipside. So, what IS it you do for your job then Andrew? You
just try and repeat your results each time without ever defining the process
and resources required? When a client asks "How long will this take?" you
reply "It doesn't really matter, I will do it for you"?

I cant say it often enough, we need to be able to deliver consistant results
in variable environments and the only way to do this is to rigourously and
regularly review and define one's working practices. Otherwise there is no
progression from a target you only dimly understand.

Steve Hudson , HDK List MVP
Wright Technologies Pty Ltd (Aus)