RE: the ultimate controversial post?

Subject: RE: the ultimate controversial post?
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:50:20 +1100

This has to be one of the best threads I have read in a long time. Sums it
all up perfectly. All you missed out was phrases like:

"We are committed to having the highest standards of documentation" and "We
have a solid commitment from our technical staff to provide timely and
informative reviews."

Mind you, a bit of spice could have been added with "We use Master Documents
and Single Source from Word directly to HTML via Front Page." or "Successful
candidates will be expected to provide all their personal assets to the
divisional investment fund enabling further market penetration to diversify
holdings for the benefit of all."

Mind you - as has already been stated - you have missed out the only pre-req
I look for:

"Pub with pool tables {on premises | within easy staggering distance}"

But really - why would you want to work for any firm that uses SOFT copy. I
mean - how SOFT are YOU? I work in hardcopy. I hand-write (those caligraphy
courses really pay off dudez) all my documentation which doesn't require
review because I am the SME anyway. Me grammer is smeck, spelling is kewl,
so who needs the man breathin the fire down yer collar like.

<Sorry - its Melbourne Cup day and I too have three projects out fer review.
I disenfranchised myself from the perspirational hordes via fermentative
measures in the wee small hours, and now I will be small weeing for hours
:-) Mind you, I was mono-comprehensive rather than disambiguated by your
diatremeous missivatation.>

Steve Hudson , HDK List MVP
Wright Technologies Pty Ltd (Aus)