RE: Strange Interview Practices?

Subject: RE: Strange Interview Practices?
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:12:50 -0600

At 10:03 AM -0500 11/2/01, Rebecca wrote:

At 7:55 AM -0600 11/2/01, Tommy Green wrote:

Of course, what interview ever is something to look forward to?

Oh, I don't know. This time last year I was interviewing, and I had several downright pleasant interviews. There were no head games, no attempts to intimidate me or trip me up, just straightforward questions about my portfolio and what I was then looking for in a job.

I suspect that with the changed market, the next ones won't be quite as pleasant, but I'm still holding out hope.

Rebecca

I would venture that if a company wants to play head games, etc., during an interview, they really aren't interested in picking the correct candidate. They are really just messing around. In other words, they are incompetent, and not working towards their companies mission. It is simply amazing at how many managers simply do not understand how to do that one portion of their job that requires them to deal with people and provide leadership.

Scott

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/publish/default.asp