RE: Technical Writing Union

Subject: RE: Technical Writing Union
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:51:06 -0800

Nancy wrote: "I believe we are seriously off-topic here and that this
topic brings up very
strong feelings. I myself was raised working class and very pro-union.
As
for capitalism whipping anything and everything, I'm not interested in
your
political opinions."
=====================

I disagree. The pros and cons of a Technical Writer's Union are a
reasonable topic of discussion for those of us who work as technical
writers. By their nature union issues are political issues. People join
various organizations to increase their effectiveness in the on-going
political debate. Some choose unions, others choose the chamber of
commerce. Their goals are the same: persuade elected officials to make
decisions favorable to "the cause".

Not interested? Feel free to use your delete key.

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.