RE: Technial Writing Unions

Subject: RE: Technial Writing Unions
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:32:58 -0000

I have to disagree with you...It's rude, certainly, but unless one's
contract or one's government's legislature prohibits this conduct, I can't
say that the person you describe is being "abused, wronged or otherwise
maltreated." This is par for the course in the world of IT. Job security is
not high when you work in software (again, where the majority of technical
writers are)...if you want more security, I'd suggest another industry. DB.