Re: FW: Macromedia Fireworks

Subject: Re: FW: Macromedia Fireworks
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:09:11 -0500

At 04:37 PM 30/10/2001 -0500, Barbara Stuhlemmer wrote:

After speaking with Dan Hall, I found I may be on the wrong track here. Dan
suggested I ask the list.

My question to Dan>
> I was under the impression that Fireworks also created DHTML
> code. I already have the Corel Suite. I'm a CAD person so I have a tough
time using this
> graphics suite, but I do OK (I guess:). It was the integration between the
> graphics and the scripting that I was most interested in. I'm I on the
right track here?

Fireworks does indeed create JavaScript and HTML to support image slicing for buttons and image maps. It's code isn't the prettiest I've seen, and for complex drop-down menus it can get pretty heavy per page.

Pick up a decent reference on JavaScript. Pick up one for Fireworks, too, while you're at it.

Dan's Response>
> Not sure about that. I think you need to be using DreamWeaver
> for your HTML to take advantage of the scripting. I could
> very well be wrong.

No, you don't have to use Dreamweaver to implement Fireworks scripts! I prefer HomeSite. although I own Dreamweaver too. I'm more code-centric than design-centric, I guess.

Win

Win Day
Multimedia Developer

http://www.creativeimplementations.com
mailto:winday -at- creativeimplementations -dot- com

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001