Re: Macromedia Fireworks

Subject: Re: Macromedia Fireworks
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:11:45 -0600

Barbara, what do you need to accomplish? Are you trying to develop your entire site in Fireworks? If so, I don't think it's the answer. I've only had one day of training and haven't had time to mess with it much, but our instructor said that while you *can* create and maintain a site using Fireworks alone, it's not recommended - that's just not its strong point (it would be like creating your site in Word). It's a nifty graphics program that does both vector and raster images, which makes it very versatile. And it works very well with Macromedia Dreamweaver... have you looked into that?

~~~~~
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc

>>> "Barbara Stuhlemmer" <barbara -at- wanware -dot- com> 10/30/01 02:49PM >>>
Has anyone used this program before? What did you like best/least about it
and how did it help you? Better yet, does it sound like it will help me?

It looks like something that could save me some valuable time. I'm a lone
tech writer that was handed the web site to re-design and maintain about 1.5
years ago. I could really use a tool that would help me make images and
object and assist in creating the scripts that work on the site. I currently
write HTML using HomeSite. I've downloaded the trial version of Fireworks
and will try it out unless I don't hear anything good about this product
from my trusted advisors (that's you all).