What if the marketing head...

Subject: What if the marketing head...
From: "Nancy Mignone" <n_mignone -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:42:49 -0700

Say I am a technical writer for a (now) small company. I get a dictum from the head of marketing which reads (very prettily):

Activity Diagem
Color Coding

This sheet of paper then goes on to tell the company what colors to use for Rules, Data, References, Processes, Miscellaneous, External References (in R,G,B values with example of color).

So, I'm thinking, well, our product has rules, data, processes...
What does this mean? Whenever I write an example of a rule the software executes, I write it in a particular shade of red?
Are there, or could there be, any standards out there about how to document Processes? Rules? Data?
We automate processes by using rules for data. That's us.
No, I'm not asking me to send me your style guides and so on and so forth.
Thanks

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001