RE: Need help please

Subject: RE: Need help please
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <SGallagher -at- akonix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:54:03 -0800

I've worked in places where I've had a really good relationship
with marketing; and I've worked in places where the relationship
wasn't so good. In general, I defer to marketing on all things
cosmetic and take command of all things technical. Sometimes
this translates to "I'll do the paper; you do the cardboard",
other times, the divisions aren't so obvious.

In general, having marketing on your side is a Good Thing ^tm.
They like to spend money on information. ;-) If your MktVP
wants to drive whitepapers, etc., that's fine -- just as long
as he realizes what a good resource you are when it comes down
to editing and verifying the technical details. And if he doesn't
realize how good you are, don't you think it's about time you
showed him??? ;-)

-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- akonix -dot- com