Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Paul Sinasohn <sinasohn -at- sendmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:23:45 -0800

Once as a Tech Writer, and it was ALMOST a complete surprise.

I came into the office late on Monday because I had a final jury
selection appearance (in the pool for a murder trial) but I was excused
by the prosecution. I walked in to the office to tell my boss the good
news, and he said he had some news of his own for me. Bam!

But in the parkeing lot, I'd seen my stand-up trainer colleague on his
cell phone, and based on his expression, I had a rather good idea of
what was happening. We got 6 weeks severance.

In my previous corporate finance career, I got laid off 2x - both times
I knew it was coming and prepped for it (post-merger cutbacks).

--
******REMOVE NOSPAM FROM REPLY ADDRESS ABOVE******
Paul E. Sinasohn 510-594-5571