RE: Secretary Proofing Manuals?

Subject: RE: Secretary Proofing Manuals?
From: "Nagai, Paul" <pnagai -at- inovant -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:00:07 -0700

> I am very upset and insulted because the "uppers"
> insist on the executive assistant proofing all of
> our manuals before they go out to our customers.
> In fact, we have to start including her in our
> style meetings as well. Am I just being egotistical?
> Does anyone else have a similar scenario?

Lots of other good advice/observations already ... I just thought I'd add
this tidbit. Executive assistants, secretaries, etc. are rarely people to
look down upon for any reason. A) They are often extremely competent at
whatever they do ... they'll get themselves out of doing things at which
they're not competent and B) They have amazing ex officio access to the
executive.

Befriend them. Ask questions of and listen to them. Build and carefully use
your relationship with them. Never piss them off. Follow this advice and you
will be more effective. Consider the exposure a strategic advantage to your
department and career.
------
Paul Nagai