Re: any issues to changing page size?

Subject: Re: any issues to changing page size?
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:30:15 +1000

If your screen captures and other illustrations don't fit neatly into the column (or page) width on the new page size, you *might* have to re-do some or all of them or they might end up blurry if reduced to fit.

You might find that page breaks need a lot of tweaking to avoid big gaps at the bottom of some pages when large illustrations move to the next page. Lead-in sentences for lists may become separated from their lists if you haven't always tagged the lead-in sentences as "keep with next". Other stuff that should stay together may get separated. How many things go awry depends on the original and final page designs and the way you've defined your styles.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Now available: Taming Microsoft Word, 100 pages of tips and tricks for business and technical documents. For a contents list, downloading and payment information, go to: http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/tameword.htm

Mandy <technical -at- theverbalist -dot- com> wrote:

I've been asked to change my Word doc from the standard 8.5X11 size to a
7X9 size for the final printed, bound manual. Are there any issues I should
be aware of before I dive in?

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001