RE: Section 508

Subject: RE: Section 508
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:08:34 -0500

Isn't that how Klinger was always trying to get sent
home in the TV series M*A*S*H ? Dressing up in
women's clothing to get a Section 508? <g>

Dan

Dan Hall
Sr. Technical Writer
SchlumbergerSema RTEMS

From: <Tothscribe -at- aol -dot- com>

> I'm pulling together justifications for taking Section 508 training on the
company's tab. For the web part of my work, it's an easy sell - "508's the
law. You don't have any 508 experts on the web development staff."

> But I'm a little unsure how to claim accessibility also impacts the
classic technical writing (read: writing documentation) side of my job.

Doesn't Section 508 apply only to companies that sell to the federal
government? I would think that your company, if it sells to the federal
government, knows that it must meet the requirements of the law.

Bonnie Granat - http://home.att.net/~bgranat
Technical Editor and Writer - (617) 354-7084
rms.slb.com