MS Word: Right aligning heading text in a numbered heading style

Subject: MS Word: Right aligning heading text in a numbered heading style
From: "Pesach, Debra" <DPesach -at- hq -dot- row -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:58:44 -0400

Greetings!

My apologies for taking up cyberspace with a specific Word question, but
I've searched archives and Woody's Watch to no avail.

I have a numbered heading system (1., 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.) and the powers that
be want the text for the heading to be right aligned. Something that they
say is a heading style from WordPerfect.

Example (where the || is the printed page margins and all the text is on the
same single line):
||1. -> This is the Heading||

Although I can set the style to have a right-aligned margin, when I type the
text wraps to the next line as if I had a left-aligned margin.
Example:
||1. -> This||
|| is the Heading. ||

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this happen?

TIA.

~Debbie

Debbie Panitz-Pesach
Sr. Technical Writer
Northrop Grumman Information Technology (Same company-different name)
Computing Systems

Tel: (301) 294-5748
Fax: (301) 294-5404
dpesach -at- hq -dot- row -dot- com