Re: HELP! FrameMaker-PDF printing problem

Subject: Re: HELP! FrameMaker-PDF printing problem
From: Iggy <iggy_1996dp -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

> When I create a PDF from FM using the Save As
> feature, I get pretty much
> what I want and expect though I'm still fiddling
> with it. But, when I create
> a PDF using Print to File and
> then distilling it with Acrobat, it
>
> 1) shrinks my page
> 2) fits my page into an old FM chapter template,
> complete with the
> boilerplate "Great Events of the Twentieth Century"
> footer.
>
> Why is it doing this? How can I correct it?

Check your job options and print options. You don't
want a shrink to fit option selected. As for the wrong
template, I'm confused as to what could be triggering
that. Is that template in use anywhere in your FM
files? Distiller just churns out what you put into it.
Unless you're using a previous job option in which the
footer and such is somehow included via postscript
(but that's usually done in the FM files themselves).

> I use a dummy HP Color
> LaserJet 5/5M PostScript
> printer as the Print to File printer and for
> Distiller (as using the Acrobat
> PDFMaker driver, AdobePS Acrobat Distiller driver,
> and AdobePS generic PS
> driver all seemed to eliminate all possibility of
> colour).

Don't use a generic PS driver. Go to Adobe.com and
download the latest and greatest for your OS. As for
color dumping, you can avoid this in the job options
you use, and by making sure your driver has color
selected instead of monochrome.

http://personals.yahoo.com