Re: Copyright issue

Subject: Re: Copyright issue
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:47:37 -0700 (PDT)

I, too, can give you forty-leventy good reasons to do such-and-such with your
copyrighted works. From your posted comments, it seems to me that you have a
lot of copyright questions and misconceptions that you would do well to
correct. For example, you don't necessarily lose your copyright when you sell a
book. Generally, the rights issues are those that are negotiated as part of the
contract.

What I really want to suggest, though, is that you get competent legal help.
Find a copyright lawyer and follow good counsel. We've all been involved in
copyright issues, it's true, but with the possible rare exception, we're not
lawyers. Blasphemous as this may sound, we're not qualified to advise you on
your situation.

IMNSHO :-)

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems
Columbus, Ohio
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/
Page Last Updated 07/15/01

http://personals.yahoo.com