RE: *.dat file

Subject: RE: *.dat file
From: "Kathy Jacobs" <jacobskl -at- jacobs -dot- coxatwork -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:22:20 -0700

Jennifer:

If they are on a Mac, it could be the email itself, compressed with the
attachments by the Mac email program. I have had this happen many times
when sending files cross-platform between Mac and PC. Which email
program do you use and which one do they use?

You might also try acquiring one of the Mac compression programs and try
to un-compress the dat file to see if you get anything readable.

Kathryn Jacobs, BrainBench MVP MS PowerPoint
Get PowerPoint answers at http://www.powerpointanswers.com
Cook anything outdoors with http://www.outdoorcook.com
Hardware, software, and history: http://www.oldcpu.com

Kathy is a trainer, writer, Girl Scout, parent, and whatever else there
is time for
I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we
lived