RE: Dual-monitor system with Word?

Subject: RE: Dual-monitor system with Word?
From: "Farwell, Peter" <peter -dot- farwell -at- encorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:05:46 -0600

The dual monitor arrangement that our techwriter dept. uses (one other
person and I) is a function of a special card in the computer. Each monitor
plugs into the computer card on the motherboard and they sit side-by-side on
the desk. I can seamlessly move the mouse from one monitor to the other and
move instances of word from one monitor to the other. I use Windows/Office
2000 and it is all very peachy. The monitors are both 21" (I'll NEVER go
back). I feel very sorry for people who have to work with just a single 17"
monitor.

Anyhow, it is not "word" or any other program which is the limitation,
rather the dual monitor card/driver/operating system which needs to be
compatible. Oh, and make sure the two monitors are similar (if not
identical). We use identical monitors since the dual monitor software can
tweak appearance and behavior but if the monitors are dissimilar, you could
have problems.

Peter
peter -dot- farwell -at- encorp -dot- com