RE: Writing: better or worse after years on the job?

Subject: RE: Writing: better or worse after years on the job?
From: "Amy Smith/CAM/Lotus" <Amy_Smith -at- lotus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:50:17 -0400

Marguerite Krupp wrote:

>Being a technical writer/editor/manager/teacher helps me be a better
writer
>in general because:

Marguerite kind of glossed over the teacher part in her post. As a former
student of hers, I wanted to add that Marguerite is a highly valued (and
student favorite) adjunct professor in the masters' program for technical
writing at Northeastern University here in Boston.

I imagine that *teaching* writing also helps improve one's own writing
skills. That's probably true of teaching in general. I teach dance, and I
always learn something from my students.

Disclaimer: No vested interest here...just a satisified customer. I know
*my* writing benefited considerably as the result of being in Marguerite's
class.

Amy Smith, Notes User Assistance Group
IBM/Lotus
External: 617/693-9733 Tie line: 333-9733
amy_smith -at- lotus -dot- com

"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Anonymous
"They say that power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely....
so where does that put God?" - Steven Wright