Word XP

Subject: Word XP
From: Lisa Nelsen-Woods <lnelsen-woods -at- mindleaders -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:40:09 -0400

What timing, I'm developing a CBT course about Word XP right now. Overall, I
think that it's the same old Word with a few extra bells and whistles to
help out beginning users.

I run Office XP on a Windows 2000 system at home and like the new features.
I go to work and try out Word XP on a Windows XP test machine in my cube
with mixed feelings. I love the fact that Windows XP seems to be the most
stable operating system that Microsoft has put out. (no blue screens of
death so far!!)

Word XP some the extra interface bells and whistles seem to be aimed at
beginning users and frustrate me, such as not getting simple and direct
access to the network directories. Of course, some of my problems may stem
from the way that I must keep the test machine configured for the course I'm
writing, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Tina, it sounds from the other posts that you got an answer to your problem
but if there's anything that I can help you with please let me know off
list.

>Does anyone in here use Word 2000 XP? What do you think of it so far?

Lisa Nelsen-Woods
Course Developer
Phone: (800) 223-3732 (614) 880-1898
Fax: (614) 781-6510
mailto:lnelsen-woods -at- mindleaders -dot- com
MindLeaders (www.mindleaders.com)

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller