RE: Hobbies on a résumé (one blow to the dead horse)

Subject: RE: Hobbies on a résumé (one blow to the dead horse)
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:46:26 -0400

I must say, you all are quite insightful with your analyses of the resumes
you receive. I have hired before (and applied), yet I have never imagined
the kind of purpose and deliberate forethought that went into whether or not
to include some personal hobby information on the resume. Instead, I have
looked at the resume for a list of skills, tools, employment history,
qualifications, as a writing sample, and finally for a touch of humanity in
my candidates.

Nevertheless, as a result of this in-depth analysis of the meaning behind
hobbies on a resume, I definitely will consider possibly rethinking my
decision to put the blonde joke there. Who knew??

Cheers,

Sean<Br>
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/