RE: HUMOUR: Blame Guide Also Re: Auto

Subject: RE: HUMOUR: Blame Guide Also Re: Auto
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EPA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:00:35 +1000

Sabahat wrote:
Ah... the good ol' days when all Tech Communicators used only graphics!
No messing with MS Word, no fonts, no typespacing ... Just one visual
metaphor per tribe ["What do you mean we don't do stick figures in this
clan?"... Kerrrrrrsplat!! "That will teach him to talk back to the
Leader!"]; Just one color pallette per clan [<nudge-nudge-wink>"Wait
till Shaman sees that hideous color he's used for the horses."]... but
of course, some things remain the same ["They think any eight-year old
could paint bears and mammoths...they don't give me an equal part of the
meat from the hunt...

Let me just say: The good old days!?!?!

Quite obvious Sabahat you were not there - the difficulties of finding the
right type of ochre to show the antelope bounding (for the "Beware Antelope
Migrating" signs) or finding enough charcoal to be able to scribe with when
everyone wanted to use it to clean their teeth or add false eyebrows (they
just ignored those warning signs about fire, they just never read the
documentation).....

and some of the other problems - have you ever tried to detail how to set up
a cave, when perspective hasn't been developed yet...!

...and then there was Bill Grunt copyrighting and charging us for the use of
the lightning symbol, and stating that he first thought of "Cave Wall"(C)
and thus deserved royalties. Course we just fed him and his proto-lawyers to
a passing T-Rex so that was one of the good old days!

As for the dividing of the kill....you tell them how to put the spears, axes
and bows together, run training courses, and end up behind that mad little
old lady who says she can foresee the future by scraping through the Mammoth
dung (I think her ancestors became Economists) when it comes to getting a
feed. If I get offered one more lousy charred antelope hoof as payment and
I'm off to another tribe, they can provide their own bloody cave
paintings....I demand their respect, damn hunter-gatherers, can't they see
my value!

regards and ug!
Sean

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/