Re: Don't you love farce?

Subject: Re: Don't you love farce?
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 17:05:27 -0500

had a bad print at dear Kinko's of a training doc I did. They printed in
their format from a PDF.

My fault I'm sure: "the trick is to understand the process." Guess I don't
know that trick yet. I'd like to hear more on this thread, if possible. The
email quoted drew a response here as well.

Ellen,

Try this.

I have found that 150 dpi is close to optimal for screen captures. In you Snagit preferences you can set the capture dpi, do it at 150 dpi.

In FrameMaker, import your screen captures at 150 dpi. This gives you no scaling problems in the graphics.

Then ensure that you distill with all compression in Acrobat Distiller set to Zip. This ensures that you will not have a lossy compression.

Embed all fonts.

Make sure that Kinko is using a Postscript printer. If they are not, change your service bureau. There are probably shops out there in your neighborhood that do.

I also recommend that you subscribe to the FrameUsers news group (http://www.FrameUsers.com).

Scott

October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information, online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/