Re: Nature of writers/editors (Was: Typos of the week!)

Subject: Re: Nature of writers/editors (Was: Typos of the week!)
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 13:53:42 -0500

Once on an airplane trip, I sat next to a guy polishing his PowerPoint presentation for the meeting he was flying to attend. I had to force myself to look away from it at something else - anything else. I wanted, SO bad, to yank the laptop out of his hands and correct grammar, punctuation, wording....EVERYthing about that presentation.

I managed to keep my trap shut, but it was hard.

Jo Byrd

Laura A Mac Lemale wrote:

Greetings,

The recent comments about the writer's nature to scan all that's readable came at an accurate time. Perhaps others can relate....

Yesterday, I was visiting a bud who was updating some professional job information on the PC. As she worked, I noticed that "these" was missing the final "e." It was not my work, and I had no business pointing out the typo.

My palms started to sweat, and I had to force myself to focus on the magazine I was reading. Shifting uncontrollably in my seat, I could not keep my eyes from returning to the offending line of text. Finally, I could stand it no more and was compelled to comment, "Can I point out one thing?" Luckily, the response was the happy and immediate addition of the missing
letter. My watchful eyes were applauded. All order was restored. :)

October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information, online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/