RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Michele Marques" <marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 13:51:04 -0400

Glenn Maxey wrote:
> [...] However, I seem to have fallen into the same trap that he did. When
you
> spend your working day writing words or mulling over words (many times
> boring technical words) for someone else, the last thing you want to do
> is write more when you get home and on your time.

I have a similar problem. I don't think it's just that writing is the last
thing I want to do, but that when you are working full-time, there are so
many other things you want (or need) to get done while not at work.

What I found helped to get me back into the fiction habit (at least briefly)
was to take part in Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month). I (and at
least one other techwhirler) did this last November, and we've both signed
up again this year. If you want to give it a try, November is the month, and
the sign-up site (if you want to share the angst and/or word counts) is
http://www.nanowrimo.com.

For me, deadlines definitely help.

Michele Marques, Technical Writer
AUTROS Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
marquesm -at- autros -dot- com <mailto:marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>

This material is intended for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the material to the
intended recipient, you are notified that dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please contact the sender immediately via e-mail and destroy this message
accordingly.

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/