RE: Re[2]: Typos of the week!

Subject: RE: Re[2]: Typos of the week!
From: "Vanessa" <vanessa -dot- noel -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:52:28 -0700

Christine says: Yes! I tell people I'm a compulsive proofreader.

If I read something, typos jump off the page. And I tend to read
everything that crosses my field of vision, whether I'm conscious of
it or not. The time I went for an eye exam and they put those drops
in, I was startled to catch myself trying (unsuccessfully) to read
everything in sight--posters, labels, name tags, magazine covers,
instructions, food packaging... Until that moment I didn't realize
just how automatic--and constant--reading had become for me.
Interesting.

That's funny that you mention being a compulsive reader. I can actually
remember being in the car with my dad, asking him what billboards said. He
told me that pretty soon I would be able to read them and I would never be
able to stop. In no time, that statement was true and I can remember getting
headaches and feeling like words were forcing me to read them. I wanted to
problem was that I am slightly nearsighted, so all of those far away things
were probably causing eye strain. But I remember having that feeling that
you get when someone mentions breathing, and then you can't go back to
breathing subconsciously because you are thinking too hard about it!

OK, so I went way OT even for this thread. This week has been way too long
but now it's FRIDAY!!!
Vanessa Flint
Technical Publications
activePDF, Inc.
vanessa -at- activepdf -dot- com <mailto:vanessa -at- activepdf -dot- com>
www.activePDF.com <http://www.activepdf.com/>
"Leading the iPaper Revolution"

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/