RE: Typos of the week!

Subject: RE: Typos of the week!
From: david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:21:08 -0500

It's easy to see other people's mistakes--not just typos. But, if you had
the same level of familiarity that they had with the same document, you
won't see it either unless you deliberately read each word working from the
back to the front of the document.

There is nothing to be gained by making the other person feel small about
it. Just as there is little to be gained by pointing out typos from a post
that was written at 4 am.

When I'm dancing and one of my partners makes a mistake, I will only address
it if she gave me permission. Otherwise, as the lead, I'm responsible for
every mistake my follower makes. I still have to make her look good to the
spectators, or I haven't done my job. When I have permission to discuss
things, I still affirm more than I criticize. That way I know she enjoys it,
and we will dance again. Standing around not dancing isn't any fun.

David

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/