Re: The writer's disease (was: A step up, a step down)

Subject: Re: The writer's disease (was: A step up, a step down)
From: "Nealon, Jessica" <Jessica -dot- Nealon -at- McKesson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:35:02 -0400

Imagine what the world would be like if all the compulsive writers DIDN'T
write. We're crazy enough as it is!

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth here, Sarah. Your sister's compulsive
writing habit has probably saved your life on more than one occasion. I know
mine has saved mine. :-)

I think it is a release valve for an overactive mind. Those damn thoughts
just keep coming back until they're written down. Once written, you feel
like you can breathe again. I know this because I spent many miserable years
in sales as (I'm assuming) punishment for something I did in a past life.
The first thing everyone said to me when I made the switch to technical
writing was "You're much calmer now." Thanks!

Writing has also been like therapy after 9-11. I wrote out a lot of stories
I heard and sent them to friends. It was a way to heal for all of us.

As we are so often told, writing is a process. However, writing also
processes.
Some of us just have a lot to process, I guess.

Regards,

Jessica Nealon
Technical Writer
Paragon Product Assurance Group - CLT