RE: Writing conventions

Subject: RE: Writing conventions
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:01:12 -0700 (PDT)

I'm one of the last peopl to slavishly follow a style guide or
standards. However, I don't ignore them either.

I consider style guides as simply that...guides. If they were called
style rules, I might look at them differently. However, they are
guides and should be considered, but current situation needs to be
included in their consideration.

THEN write any which way you please, but at least you'll know how far
you've strayed.

--- Ellen Vanrenen <ellen -dot- vanrenen -at- clear-technology -dot- com> wrote:
> Thanks, Diane
>
> 1. I WILL ignore the style guide
> 2. I WILL ignore "standards"
> 3. I WILL ignore any or all of the books I am presently reading,
> including
> the one by that Weiss guy, Usable User whatever
> 4. I WILL write any damn way that pleases me. Always have, anyhoo

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

http://phone.yahoo.com

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/